Sunday 25 January 2015

A HERO'S TALE



A man expresses,
As I was growing up, my dad was my hero – Straightforward, kind and loving. From humble farm beginnings, he became a successful international businessman. His coworkers loved him because he was a leader, who helped out whenever necessary; and never spoke negatively about anything or anyone. A hero!
Dad provided everything to us. Never complained: completing and correcting our home works, officiating disputes with a kind resolve, even laughing at our worst jokes. My hero!
My dad was always there for people. His sense of humor and smile welcomed strangers into our home. His willingness of lending a hand. A Hero!
My dad worked for long hours and weekends. I remember asking him the simple question: “Dad, why do you love your job so much?”
Without taking a second to blink, my dad, my hero; looked me in the square of my eye and replied,” Son, I don’t love what I do. I got to work to make money. I do what I love on the side.”
I as shocked. WHAT!? That’s impossible. The happiest person I know disliked what he did for living?and he hadn’t had a chance to pursue his dream!
Feeling very sad. I whispered, “That seems wrong.”
My dad leaned forward and said,” That’s life- It is the way the world functions.”
At that moment my definition of HERO changed.
because instead of agreeing with him, I replied, “DAD you told me over and over that I can accomplish anything I desire. What about you?
Staring at me, my dad replied,” I’ve always wanted to help people to build their dream products. He told others about his goal and all of the people he had helped in the past became his new support team.
My dad built his dream career and simultaneously changed my definition of hero forever. It is now, A hero is :
Anyone who dares to take action to achieve his goal.

 Yakira
22.02.2014

1 comment: